Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can a military spouse use a military issued duffle bag flying?

I am flying to korea to stay with my husband who is stationed there for a couple months. Can a military spouse use a military issued duffle bag as checked luggage or can only the person in the military use them? I am flying United. I know that the weight allowance is different. I am just unsure if a spouse can use them or not because they are larger then the checked luggage bags.Can a military spouse use a military issued duffle bag flying?No one cares if you use a duffle bag. But, they will care about the size and the weight. You still have to make sure that it does not exceed the size limitations, or you will be paying an additional fee for oversized or overweight luggage.

There is no difference in the weight allowed for active duty vs. non-active duty. The difference is that active duty and their dependants on official travel orders can claim any fees on their travel voucher. And, a few airlines will not charge fees.Can a military spouse use a military issued duffle bag flying?
It isn't against the rules, but it wouldn't be my first choice of luggage for my wife. We are discouraged from anything that displays military affiliation when not on official business. It is thought to make us more of a target to potential terrorists. Attracting attention to yourself when traveling overseas isn't a good idea. The military personnel you see in uniform in airports are traveling on official orders.Can a military spouse use a military issued duffle bag flying?There are not any rules in the military that say you can't and I've used Duffle Bags as my check-in luggage on planes in the past.

So yes.

Ofc, I'm not sure if different airlines have different rules. You may want to ask them first. There are no military rules that say you can't though.Can a military spouse use a military issued duffle bag flying?
don't see why not.. Peopel who have gotten OUT of the military still use them on flights. however since you are not on orders you will have to pay the baggage fee most likely. and make damn sure you stay within the weight allowance or that fee will skyrocket!Can a military spouse use a military issued duffle bag flying?You can but why would you? At most airports duffle bags are the last priority to load onto a flight and you have a higher chance of your bags showing up on a later flight.Can a military spouse use a military issued duffle bag flying?
ive seen many civilians use mil style duffle bags, to my knowledge, you can just purchase them at online and at stores that got them. its just a bag
I think you will be fine, I use a duffelbag (non military) when I fly. Just keep it under the limit and remove any insigna

No comments:

Post a Comment