Saturday, February 18, 2012

How is the proper way to dispose of military uniforms?

Military uniforms(fatigues,bdus,especially) can get you killed. In your best opinion, how will you get rid off them all?How is the proper way to dispose of military uniforms?You are supposed to burn them. That way nobody gets ahold of them who isn't supposed to.



added:



To PUD..er PUB



Been in too long? Maybe you haven't been in long enough. Of course there's truth to it. Read up on it. I mean you wouldn't just throw them in the trash in Iraq...so why would you here...sir?



Not to mention he's asking what is the PROPER way to dispose of them...not how do most people do it.How is the proper way to dispose of military uniforms?
You can get killed for having them?!

That's news to me.

I still have all of mine, I wear the pants all the time to go four wheeling, hunting, yard work etc. Not much use for the shirts though. If you are that desperate to get rid of them just take off any unit insignia or name tapes and sell them or give them to goodwill. It's not like it's a matter of national security being you can buy them almost anywhere nowadays.How is the proper way to dispose of military uniforms?Wash them, and offer them for sale on Ebay like everybody else does!!!
i didnt i still wear mine but if you cant turn them in to a post should burn them or give to homelessHow is the proper way to dispose of military uniforms?take ranks and unit badges off and throw them awayHow is the proper way to dispose of military uniforms?
normal trash is fine
we gave my husbands to our local high school for a school play. alot of schools keep costumes for plays. ( we took off all badges and patches)How is the proper way to dispose of military uniforms?
I believe that if a person has not served in the military they should not wear military issue uniforms and then dispose of them like a piece of trash! So don't buy them if you are trying to look like a tough guy.One time I saw a guy who was wearing a Marine Core shirt come across an actual Marine.The Marine became angry and told this guy to remove the shirt or get knocked on his ***.The guy took off the shirt.I would like to see the military dispose of used military uniforms.If you have served its OK.If you haven't don't buy them.
I'm keeping mine just in case I get recalled.
UCMJ says burn them
WTF? How can you get killed for disposing of old Fatigues and BDU/DCU uniforms?



First of all, the BDU pattern is used by many countries around the world, so it wasnt a sign of a G.I. anymore.





Secondly, All USA issue Uniforms are available from Commercial Sources, so anyone can purchase them if they really want them.



Thirdly, I gave My old OG-507's, Jungle Fatigues, BDU's to My Nephew
Thank ya LD, We finally agree on Something!!
Oh come on. There is no truth to that. You served too long. Just throw them in the trash. Better yet, keep them for hunting, yard work etc.
I'm the sentimental kind. I'll hold onto my old uniforms and cams, even if I never wear them again.



But if I had to dispose of them, why waste them? Give them to some kids to play with, or visit a surplus center and hand them in for a few dollars a piece.
PROUD OF THE MILITARY UNIFORM;" NOT PROUD OF YOU"!! GIVE TO THE DISABLE AMERICAN VETERANS
I use my old ones for paintballing and cut the pant legs in half to make some nice shorts out them. But first, your supposed to take off any patches that show your rank, career or affiliation to any armed force...however you can leave your name tape on.
Hey I'll take them; )
turn them in to the va of donate them to the good will
you burn them, seriously...
I saw one idiot throw his sea bag over the side of the ship when he was discharged. Too bad it started snowing like crazy, he only had 80 dollars, and he was only wearing a denim jacket. That pea coat would have been warm with that watch sweater and hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment